Boy George, the frontman of pop band Culture Club, was nearly killed when he was hit by a giant disco ball that plunged from the ceiling of a British concert hall.
"It would have been both ironic and glamorous to be finished off by a four-foot glitter ball," he told the Sun tabloid on Thursday. "But I have survived and I'm still here, although my back is aching like anything. It caught my ear, which is really sore as well."
Despite being treated for shock and severe bruising, he insisted on performing the show.