A spokesperson for Paul McCartney is claiming the rocker set a world record Tuesday, drawing at least three million people onto the Internet to catch a webcast of his return to the legendary Cavern Club in Liverpool, Reuters reports. The source of the number is unclear. Earlier in the day, spokesperson Bill Porricelli, a spokesperson at McCartney's company, MPL Communications, in New York, told JAM! reporter Paul Cantin that firm statistics would likely be unavailable till the day after the concert. He also admitted that many people may have been unable to access the webcast due to the heavy amount of traffic. As for McCartney, he was effusive. "I always knew it was going to be a special night but this is better than I could have hoped,'' the 57-year-old star told the crowd.
18 июня 1942